20 April 2011

Better than Xanax: The view from my walk to school

I've been fairly overloaded these past few weeks, and despite the fact that Chris is out of town (place frowny emoticon here), it's hard to find a moment where I'm not stressing out about this grant or that paper or this committee or that theoretical framework (or lack thereof) or whatever.  Walking to school, I get a chance to listen to podcasts, admire the view and just think about nothing without feeling guilty about there being something more productive I could be doing.  Because, I mean, I have to get to school, right?  And driving is bad for the world.  Here's the view from halfway through my daily journey (about 3 miles total, and yes, I walk along the bike trail, but I yeild).  How can you look at this and be anxious?

No comments: